Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organiser, or organise your very own event.
Organisational Identifiers Workshop
Sunday, 23 October 2011 from 11:00 to 16:30 (CEST)
Organisation Identifiers Workshop
The core aims of the workshop are to:
- Bring together different actors exploring the organisational identifier question: including those focused on companies, charities, government agencies and other forms of organisation.
- Identify a shared method (standard) for re-using existing identifiers (e.g. Company Registration; VAT Registration). This may focus on convergence and compatibility between schemes such as the IATI Identifier (a framework for Identifiers); Open Corporates URIs (seeking to cover all companies globally); ORGPedia entries (“facilitating the “mashing up” of disparate data sets about the ownership, structure, performance and regulatory compliance of organizations” [REF]); Guidestar Identifier (NGO focussed) and other open data sources and initiatives.
- Identify existing efforts to collect open data on organisations and to map together different identifiers (e.g. Corporate groupings; mapping Charity and Company numbers etc.)
- Identify gaps in current approaches (e.g. how to handle countries or organisation-types with limited registration options available to them; how to check the quality of data etc).
- Develop a shared agenda for action in which partners can each take forward complementary efforts to define and use shared organisational identifiers, and to build the eco-system of open data available for as many of those identifiers as possible.
The workshop will focus on discussion and consensus building, with the option for participants to spend part of the afternoon either in more in-depth discussion on particular aspects of Organisational Identifiers, or working on practical hacking projects to prototype or further develop services providing organisational identifiers.
11.00 - 12.00: Welcome, introductions & knowledge sharing
A change for everyone to share their current work on organisational identifiers.
12.00 - 13.00: Existing Organisational Identifier proposals
Short 10 minute presentations on specific approaches to establishing universal organisational identifiers, including:
- The International Aid Transparency Initiative Organisation Standard
- Open Corporates
13.00 - 14.00: Lunch
14:00 - 15:30: Identify key issues and shared actions
Round table or small group discussions (depending on numbers)
15:30 - 16:30: Deeper discussion / hands on
16:30: Wrap up and close.